Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bronx Zoo - Round 1


For my daughters 6th birthday last month, my parents gifted her with a membership to the Bronx Zoo and between us, I'm not sure who was more excited!  We decided to make the first of many trips last week and here are a few of the animals that were kind enough to cooperate with me...










Along with the big cats, gorillas are my favorite zoo animals to photograph. If you exercise enough patience, you can be rewarded with some astounding images from their incredibly expressive faces.



At one point, I discovered a couple of gorillas sleeping up against the window of the dark, over-crowded exhibit.  Although it initially seemed as if nothing interesting was happening, I suddenly became captivated by the image of one of the gorillas hands - fingers curled up in sleep. 



No comments:

Post a Comment