Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Seeing the Light

When I'm out taking pictures, I try to stay conscious about light. The time of day, weather conditions, the direction of your subject and the quality of the light all make a difference in the type of picture you end up with.

It's not always easy. While simultaneously adjusting camera settings, composing your shot and dealing with all the other distractions that grab your attention, light is sometimes the last thing we think of, while it's one of the most important factors in taking a great picture.

We've had some awesome storm clouds hanging over the Hudson Valley lately and on Sunday I had my camera at the ready. The sun was occasionally poking through an otherwise hostile looking sky. I noticed this tree being illuminated against a dark and stormy background, making for a dramatic photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment